tecni-form can do more than design mould tools and make rotational mouldings: we can also contribute significantly to the design of your product
Supporting product design
- tecni-form can do more than design mould tools and make rotational mouldings: they can also contribute significantly to the design of your product
- tecni-form can cover any or all of the product design stages, from creating visuals to building prototypes
At this moment, your product may still be conceptual, a sketch on paper, a CAD file or a physical model. tecni-form have the capability and experience to take the project forward. Involving tecni-form at the earliest stage ensures that the correct mould configuration and manufacturing variables are addressed.
tecni-form can provide any of the following services:
- Styling concepts with output as drawings or renderings
- Engineering design
- Manufacture of aesthetic, functional or fully representative prototypes
- Fully detailed production drawings, critical feature drawings and assembly drawings
- Supplier liaison to ensure selection of the optimum manufacturing process
- Optimisation of the design for the selected process
- Validation of prototype and initial production runs.
Design work is carried out in 3-D CAD. Depending on a customer’s preference the following CAD systems can be used:
- Catia V5 & V6
- PTC Creo
- Siemens NX
tecni-form handle projects of all sizes. They use both their in-house CAD capacity (SolidWorks) as well as partner industries and design consultancies.
Reliable data translation is a concern often voiced by customers, however tecni-form have a record of seamless data transfer to and from most CAD systems. For example, in one project where the parts were initially styled in Alias and engineered in Pro/Engineer, tecni-form implemented late changes to the CAD models and produced the critical feature drawings in-house. Both the drawings (as DWG files) and the 3-D models (as Parasolid files) read with 100% integrity into Solid Edge, the customer’s CAD system.
For more information visit our Design Library here